Health Care Claims Researcher
MN Department of Human Services
St. Paul, MN
$60,552 - $90,055 annually
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
This position provides high-level research expertise for Health Care Administration (HCA). Duties include developing and executing studies of health care performance and outcomes, needs, utilization, service delivery, costs, health disparities and other epidemiological or demographic studies as needed by the department. The incumbent in this position provides expertise in statistical analysis and research methodologies to divisions throughout the Department of Human Services.
• Conceptualizing, designing and carrying out research and evaluation studies to fulfill health care information needs.
• Preparation of research reports for various technical and non-technical audiences.
• Responding to internal and external requests for data and information, including highly technical analyses.
• Ensuring that research conforms to Federal and State laws pertaining to human subjects research and privacy protection.
• Advising research methodologies, such as survey design, evaluation and statistical methods
• Interpretation of research studies and data to assist in translating empirical findings into policy and program decisions.