The successful candidate will be part of a team creating stable, long-lasting applications using SAS as well as other languages and applications, and must demonstrate good software development practices. The candidate realizes the value that technology can provide to end-users, and is interested in providing solutions that meet their needs. While finding the best solution for business requirements, the candidate is creative and enjoys mastering new technology as needed. In designing and building solutions, the candidate will have the capability to understand and strive for technical excellence, while also constructing pragmatic solutions given technical, functional and operational constraints. As a manager the candidate will coordinate projects to completion while adhering to industry and team best practices. The candidate will be a strong developer, designing and developing solutions that meet business needs, as well as providing programming guidance to other team members.
This position will be based in Port Washington, NY.
• Gathering requirements, designing, implementing and testing applications.
• Supporting analytic functions, producing custom reporting decks, and creating business intelligence infrastructure for the business user.
• Accessing large data in the terabyte range from a variety of sources, including Sybase IQ, Oracle, flat files and PC Files.
• Building data driven, rule-based processing systems that are low maintenance and follow software development best practices.
• Working in a highly collaborative environment with minimal supervision.
• Managing multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
• Finding solutions to problems and demonstrating the ability to set and meet reasonable deadlines.
• Writing documentation in clear language that can be understood by non-technical team members.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The NPD Group provides market information and analytic solutions that drive better decision-making and better results. The world’s leading brands rely on us to help them get the right products in the right places for the right people. Practice areas include apparel, appliances, automotive, beauty, consumer electronics, diamonds, e-commerce, entertainment, fashion accessories, food consumption, foodservice, footwear, home, mobile, office supplies, retail, sports, technology, toys, video games, and watches / jewelry. For more information, visit npd.com and npdgroupblog.com. Follow us on Twitter: @npdgroup.